The Western Massachusetts Chapter is looking for an organized, creative, and computer-savvy member with experience in website management and maintenance to volunteer as Webmaster for the Chapter! The Webmaster stewards and maintains the Chapter’s online web presence at amc-wma.org, and serves as a member of the Executive Committee. The Webmaster commonly serves for two years, and is eligible to stay on for additional years. Duties may be shared among qualified members of a committee. Current Webmaster will provide training.
Term of Office: 2 years (multiple terms possible)
- Maintain the Chapter’s website at amc-wma.org using the Drupal 9 content management system. Perform periodic website backups and security updates. Renew hosting and domains as needed.
- Create and update website posts (articles and events), pages and image galleries corresponding to AMC chapter communications and events
- Periodically review website content for stale pages, broken links, etc. Work with committee chairs to keep website content fresh and up to date.
- Create and configure “@amc-wma.org” email accounts for various committee members and adjust settings as needed
- Create and configure “@lists.amc-wma.org” email distribution lists, add/delete members, and adjust settings as needed.
- Member in good standing of the AMC.
- Access to a computer with high-speed Internet service in order to manage documents and information flow.
- Experience with information technology systems.
- Familiar with HTML, Linux, SSH, FTP file uploading, setting up email accounts through a web hosting site. Some experience with Drupal and GNU Mailman is helpful.
Typical Monthly Workload:
- Support content updates with the Communications Chair, as needed.
- Backup the website and apply security updates if required.
- Review the website for stale pages and broken links.
- Attend Executive Committee meetings.
To learn more or to apply your skills to this role, please email our Communications Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org