Welcome to the AMC Western MA Bicycling Committee!
Your connection to recreational group bicycling on the roads and byways of the bucolic Pioneer Valley and Berkshires
Bicycling Committee Chair: Janine Papesh (email@example.com)
We are experienced cyclists who enjoy social, recreational rides in the range of 20-50 miles, speeds averaging between 10-14 mph, with rest stops and optional post-ride socials. We keep the group moving, but we're not racers. All our trip leaders are volunteers, trained by the AMC in group management, and trained by the Bicycling Committee leaders to have the skills needed to plan and run safe, enjoyable group bicycling trips.
GET ON OUR EMAIL LIST: Click here and follow the instructions under "Subscribing to amc-wm-cyclists" to self-subscribe to our e-mail announcements list!
SALES AND SERVICE PARTNERS: Click here to see our list of bicycle sales and service partners.
TIPS FOR SAFE AND ENJOYABLE CYCLING: Click here for some advice and recommendations for recreational outdoor cycling.
General Group Ride Policies
- All AMC rides require advance registration. We pre-screen all riders to ensure comfort and safety.
- You must have a bicycle in good working order. Road, touring, or hybrid bikes are accceptable. Mountain bikes are not permitted.
- You must wear a properly-fitting bicycle helmet at all times while riding.
- You must carry an adequate supply of water with you (one or two water bottles is typical).
- At a minimum you must have a spare tube that fits your tires. It is strongly recommended that you carry a full fix-flat kit that includes tire levers, a patch kit, and a portable air pump or CO2 inflator.
All riders must acknowledge these expectations as a condition of participating in any AMC-led group activity:
- All participants must follow state and local stay-at-home guidance and cancel their participation if such guidance changes before the date of the event.
- All participants must bring and wear face coverings as required, and agree to follow the guidance in place in the state where the event takes place as well as follow the directions of the Leader.
- All participants must maintain appropriate social distancing and follow the guidance of the Activity Leader.
- All participants must bring their own water bottles, meals, eating utensils, and hand sanitizer with 60% or greater alcohol content.
- Participants must contact AMC if they test positive for COVID- 19 within 14 days of the event, to enable contact tracing.
2021 Ride Calendar
Check back regularly as we will be updating this page as new activities are added.
- 1st - Saturday - Intro to Recreational Road Cycling
- Details & registration: https://activities.outdoors.org/search/index.cfm/action/details/id/1246…
- 8th - Saturday - Intro to Recreational Road Cycling
- Details & registration: https://activities.outdoors.org/search/index.cfm/action/details/id/1247…
More to come!
We generally follow the AMC Activity Difficulty Ratings when describing our rides.
Page Steward: firstname.lastname@example.org