Back to top
Bicycling CommitteeWe are experienced cyclists who enjoy social, recreational rides in the range of 15-50 miles at speeds averaging between 10-14 mph, with rest stops and optional post-ride socials. We keep the group moving, but we're not racers.
Group Ride Policies
- All AMC rides require advance registration. We pre-screen all riders to ensure comfort and safety.
- You must have a bicycle in good working order. Road, touring, or hybrid bikes are acceptable. Effective 05/2023 we now permit Class 1 pedal-assist bicycles (see diagram). Mountain bikes are not permitted.
- You must wear a properly-fitting bicycle helmet at all times while riding. You must carry an adequate supply of water with you (one or two water bottles is typical).
- At a minimum you must have a spare tube that fits your tires. It is strongly recommended that you carry a full fix-flat kit that includes tire levers, a patch kit, and a portable air pump or CO2 inflator.
- For rides of an hour or longer, we encourage you to bring a light snack with you. There may or may not be opportunities along the route to purchase drinks and snacks.
- You do not have to be a member of the AMC to participate in our trips. (Though we do encourage membership! Join here!)