When leading a group or hiking with a group, please become familiar with the guidelines for all AT hikers found on the “Hiking on the AT” page.
- Keep group size to 10 or under including leaders for overnight trips.
- Sites best for group use are: Sages Ravine (Connecticut AT Committee), Laurel Ridge, Glen Brook, Race Brook Falls, Crystal Mtn, Kay Wood and October Mtn.
- Shelters are not for group use. Plan to use tent platforms and existing cleared areas for tenting. Do not clear new tenting areas.
- Groups planning to stay at Upper Goose Pond Cabin should plan on tenting and supplying their own food and water. Groups considering staying at the Cabin should read our FAQ page.
- Boil, filter, or treat chemically all water from backcountry sources.
- Do not wash utensils in streams or ponds.
- Observe 8 P.M. – 7 A.M. quiet time.
Please register your hike at the ATC's web page.Groups should register their hikes using the AT Camp website. We will contact you if there are concerns about your itinerary, updates about trail facilities, or if other groups are planning to share the same overnight site.
- Contact the Group Outreach Coordinator with the following information:
- Leader’s name and contact information
- Size of group
- Location and dates of planned overnight stays
The Group Outreach Coordinator can be reached by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Page steward: email@example.com