When leading a group or hiking with a group, please become familiar with the guidelines for all AT hikers found on the “Hiking on the AT” page.
- Keep group size to 10 or under including leaders for overnight trips.
- Sites best for group use are: Sages Ravine (Connecticut AT Committee), Laurel Ridge, Glen Brook, Race Brook Falls, Crystal Mtn, Kay Wood and October Mtn.
- Shelters are not for group use. Plan to use tent platforms and existing cleared areas for tenting. Do not clear new tenting areas.
- Groups planning to stay at Upper Goose Pond Cabin should plan on tenting and supplying their own food and water. Groups considering staying at the Cabin should read our FAQ page here.
- Boil, filter, or treat chemically all water from backcountry sources.
- Do not wash utensils in streams or ponds.
- Observe 8 P.M. – 7 A.M. quiet time.
Please register your hike at the ATC's web page. To do so, follow this link to "AT Camper Registration". Our Group Outreach Coordinator will contact you after you register to go over the details of your plan, current information on the hike plan registered, and any recommendations for changes.
- Contact the Group Outreach Coordinator with the following information:
- Leader’s name and contact information
- Size of group
- Location and dates of planned overnight stays
The Group Outreach Coordinator, Nancy Weld, can be reached by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the Group Outreach Coordinator cannot be reached, contact Cosmo Catalano at email@example.com.
Page steward: firstname.lastname@example.org