The Berkshire Chapter's annual Outdoor Festival at Noble View on Saturday, September 15, was a great success, with more than 150 attending.
Highlights of the event included:
- Guided hikes on Noble View trails
- History and future of Noble View talk by Frank Evans, Noble View Chairperson
- Interactive poi dancing demonstration by Jo Sarnelli of Small Planet Dancers
- Beginner ukulele lessons
- Music by the AEIOUkuleles during lunch
- Chicken and veggie burger BBQ
- Light Backpacking Display by Grace Ferrante providing tips and answers to backpacking questions!
- Music by Dave Hausman & friends
- Silent Auction
- Raptor Presentation by Erin O’Connell from Environmental Learning Centers of Connecticut with two screech owls and a red-tailed hawk!
Congratulations to Jan Alicia Nettler, Berkshire Chapter Chair from 2015-2017, who received the AMC Volunteer Award from Faith Salter, Director of Volunteer Relations for the AMC.
Thanks to all those who helped to make the event a success:
- Martin Mahoney and Jan Nettler who helped out in ways too numerous to mention!
- Kathy Martin -- hike coordination and leading
- Heather Wyman -- kids programs, poi dancing and was a ukulele musician
- Jo Sarnelli of Small Planet Dancers poi dancing
- Grace Ferrante -- Light Backpacking display
- Brant Cheikes -- Fix-a-Flat table.
- Erin O'Connell -- Raptor presentation
- Andrea Minoff and Tricia O’Neill -- registration table
- Chris Reyling and Bill Fogel -- park lot attendants
- Music was provided by Joe and the AEIOUkueles and Dave Hausman and Friends. Joe also gave a ukulele lesson.
- Berkshire Mountain Search and Rescue -- equipment and dogs were a great addition
- Lunch buffet table set up help -- David and Lisa O’Leary, Helen Symons, Dona Burdick, and Diane Jones and more
- Frank Evans and friends who cooked for the BBQ
- Bob Cherdack spoke about conservation to the group
- Laura Stinnette helped with signage and promotion, flowers, and anything that she thought should be done!
- And all who set up for the day and cleaned up afterward
- A special thanks to Frank Evans and Nate Cherniak for taking care of Noble View and making it the wonderful treasure that it is!