The Berkshire Chapter Executive Committee is the top level of chapter leadership, representing all the committees that keep our chapter moving. Joining the Executive Committee is an excellent opportunity to lead an area you’re passionate about and help guide the chapter’s activities.
Each year, Executive Committee members are nominated or re-nominated for a one year term at our chapter’s annual meeting in November. This year, we are actively seeking individuals for the following roles. If you want more information or would like to nominate yourself or someone else, please email email@example.com.
The Berkshire Chapter is looking for an organized and enthusiastic member to volunteer as Vice Chair. If you are good at managing meetings, networking and delegating, and you’re interested in getting more involved with the Club, this position is for you! The Chapter Vice Chair, with the Chair, presides at Executive Committee meetings. The Vice Chair works with the Chair to be an essential link between the Club and Berkshire Chapter members.This is a wonderful opportunity to get more involved with the AMC and its inspiring mission to connect people to the outdoors and protect those outdoor spaces in our region that we all know and love!
The Communications Coordinator manages all communications of the Berkshire Chapter, including monthly member emails, Chapter website content, social media postings, and the newsletter. The Coordinator works closely with the webmaster, newsletter editor, social media administrators, and explores other ways to effectively communicate with Chapter members.
Web Content Editor
The AMC Berkshire Chapter Web Content Editor maintains the material posted on our website, and serves as a member of the Executive Committee.
Executive Committee Duties:
- Attend Executive Committee meeting, usually the first Monday of the month, 6:30 pm in Northampton
- Vote on proposals and actions of the Committee such as funding for conservation efforts, trail improvements, and chapter events.
- Event setup/help as needed, a couple times per year.
- Committee members are encouraged to participate in general AMC activities/outings of interest to them
- Manage amcberkshire.org using the Drupal 7 content management system. Perform backups and updates to website files. Renew hosting and domains as needed.
- Create and update posts (articles and events), pages and image galleries corresponding to AMC chapter communications and events.
- Set up email accounts for various committee members and adjust settings. Add new members to email distribution lists.
- HTML, FTP file uploading, setting up email accounts through a web hosting site, some Drupal experience is helpful (will train)
Common weekly workload:
- Create one or two posts for the website, the text and images needed are emailed to the Webmaster
- Backup the website
- Attend Executive Committee meeting