Although the COVID 19 pandemic is by no means over, AMC and the Berkshire Chapter are applying careful evidence-based risk management practices to chart a path forward for volunteer-led outdoor activities to resume safely.
On June 22 we will begin offering volunteer-led activities in small groups employing social distancing measures. Group size will be capped at ten (10) participants including leaders. Activity leaders are receiving training on new trip safety protocols and procedures.
Advance registration will now be required for all trips, and will use an online registration system. During registration, participants will electronically sign a liability waiver, and provide contact information that allows contact tracing should anyone report a positive test for COVID 19 within 14 days of the event.
The advance registration procedure will require registrants to review and acknowledge these expectations as a condition of participating in the activity:
- All participants must follow state and local stay-at-home guidance and cancel their participation if such guidance changes before the date of the event.
- All participants must bring and wear face coverings as required, and agree to follow the guidance in place in the state where the event takes place as well as follow the directions of the Leader.
- All participants must maintain appropriate social distancing and follow the guidance of the Activity Leader.
- All participants must bring their own water bottles, meals, eating utensils, and hand sanitizer with 60% or greater alcohol content.
- Participants must contact AMC if they test positive for COVID- 19 within 14 days of the event, to enable contact tracing.
We feel confident that these new procedures will allow small groups of participants to once again enjoy the unique pleasures of volunteer-led outdoor activities, with the attendant benefits to health and well being, while managing and minimizing the risks of exposure to the novel coronavirus.
Follow this link to explore upcoming chapter trips.
Chapter Activity Leaders can follow this link to access various resources related to leading chapter trips during Phase 2.